Terminology is often ill-defined. When some folk say bug-out-bag they think a bag with all the supplies you’ll need to survive in the wilderness for weeks/months/indefinitely — and you need to carry it there on foot. Yeah, that’s not going to happen. Carrying medium-long term supplies on your back is a non-starter.

I’ve often said that my bug-out-bag is a truck. For medium-long term you need a lot of supplies unless you have the requisite skill-sets and seriously expect to live off the land.

Teacher’s bag that you “grab with supplies to get you to safety” is what I consider to be a bail-out-bag. It’s small, light and minimalist because its only purpose is to get you to another place quickly; the other place already has what you need for the medium-long term.

County Comm Bail Out Bag, Gen 8 has good organization, compartments for essential paperwork, FAK, water bottle and other small essentials... approx 1386 cu.in.

On TeeVee a spy’s bag may have lots of cash/foreign currency and multiple passports because a spy may need to travel by air under a false identity — we’re not spies. For the rest of us: cash, ID, a change of clothes and a toothbrush. Tools are heavy, they should already be at the bug-out site (along with a firearm (more than one) which in some hands might be considered tools).

My goal is to get a bug-out-site suitable and well stocked, and dump my bug-out truck for something more minimalist.

Edited by Russ (03/04/20 08:19 PM)
Edit Reason: CC Bail Out Bag link & comments