Lest we think it’s going to pass us by, my gut says that a local quarantine is virtually inevitable. Cases have shown up across the west coast. Yes, they are being downplayed, but reports I’m reading of the CDC refusing testing until days after admission tell me they are either short test kits or their protocols need a serious review. Authorities in the medical community responsible for major events (hello, CDC) reacted late and seemed to be just going through the motions but weren’t really serious.
UC Davis treated coronavirus patient for week; workers sent home — The Sacramento Bee

Quote:
...The patient, whom the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed has tested positive the COVID-19 strain, was moved to the Sacramento teaching hospital on Feb. 19...“We requested COVID-19 testing by the CDC, since neither Sacramento County nor CDPH is doing testing for coronavirus at this time,” the memo says. “Since the patient did not fit the existing CDC criteria for COVID-19, a test was not immediately administered. UC Davis Health does not control the testing process.”

On Sunday, the CDC ordered a coronavirus test on the patient, and UC Davis Health officials discovered Wednesday that the patient tested positive for the deadly respiratory illness ...

So the patient is transferred to the hospital on Wednesday, isn’t tested until Sunday and the results weren’t back ‘til the following Wednesday, a week after being admitted — why am I filled with confidence... It’s past time to get serious.

Stock up on food that you regularly eat. Don’t buy MRE’s or survival rations in general unless you really like them. They cost more and are no better than canned goods. I had some canned ravioli the other day that was 5 years past it’s use by date, it tasted fine and I’m sure its nutritional value was as negligible as it was when “fresh”. A calorie is a calorie...