Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
I too am pretty attached to Amazon and decent internet!

We've found that the smaller town makes access to Amazon and other online shopping stores even more important, and luckily the US Mail, UPS, and FedEx do a great job of deliveries here. We even buy our horse feed online! We're blessed with an amazing little hardware store and a grocery store that is pretty good except for the somewhat limited selection of fresh fruits & veggies.

Does Amazon Prime require shipping other than UPS & FedEx? I know Amazon used other unmarked delivery people in the Chicago suburbs. I'm not sure if that would be available around here.

Satellite internet (HughesNet) actually does pretty good speed-wise and so far has been very reliable. The only complaint is that it is not unlimited data, so we have to be careful with heavy data usage, such as video (Youtube, ...). A different internet provider is in the early stages of building a line-of-sight broadband tower pretty close to here - essentially on the other side of our large block, but I have my concerns about how the nearby spruce trees will impact our access. That access would be unlimited data.