Today I read what people were saying about Gabby Gabby. I was surprised about some of the YouTube comments, essentially saying the same thing, she is a selfish [witch] who got what she deserved when she was rejected.

I did not see her that way and wondered if I was looking at this fictional character through my prejudices.

I decided to look up official bios and the first site I came to was Disney Fandom. For the most part, I agree with this page. Gabby is an anti-villain, a person of noble character who, in this case, was desperate. Where I and the article disagree is when it says, "Gabby accepts a chance to reform after being shown the error of her ways, voluntarily having herself adopted by a lost girl in atonement for her bad deeds." We immediately see Gabby's real self, an honorable toy, after her world was shattered by rejection. Her desire to help a lost girl was not out of some form of "penance." Gabby helped the child because that is her true nature.

Jeanette Isabelle