my original tent fan that turns the ceiling fan runs 9 hours on single D cell... while I have two generators, my back up is a 7w Goal Zero panel, which can charge 4 AA Eneloops in about 3 1/2 hours of direct overhead Sun light... a two cell AA>D adapter will run the fan for about 6 hours... I've never run the Ridgid fan for more than 3 hours continuously at a match... I'll stand by my decision to power my portable hurricane lighting and radios to re chargeable AAs....

I'll repeat.. my two best lessons learned from Irma two years ago was to have a single power strip that could manage the multiple chargers, including those for AA, cell phone, and the contractor fan off a single wall outlet.. if I feed the house with the smaller generator, it feeds only 120v to select circuits

the second was to have a utility trailer and hitch on the John Deere mower to provide portability for the heavier generator so I could supply power to two neighbors plus myself on a rotating schedule... the use of a siphon fuel system allowed fuel to be taken directly from their containers