The issue seems to be energy storage density. I have an ego electric rechargeable leaf blower, backpack version: works great, similar to gas-powered models, moves leaves, river rock, small dogs with no difficulty...for about 20 minutes. Then it needs a recharge, but then, so do I, so no big deal. The op's $1000 ego generator runs on 7.5 amp hour battery packs. For $100, I can buy a 35 amp hour agm 12v battery, and for $400 I can buy a pair of 200 ah 6 volt wet cell golf cart batteries. add an HF 3000 watt inverter for $289, and my choice of 120v ac charger, 100 w solar panel, or gas generator backup, and I have a comprehensive system of modest quality components with more power than the ego at less cost. Which system suffers from exactly that problem that Les identifies: maintenance. Batteries of any sort do not last forever, and can be ruined by faulty charging and storage practices. Gas generators need some maintenance too, bu its the kind of wrench and grease stuff that is familiar, and the power density is phenomenal compared to solar.

Nice thing about the expensive netzero,ego, renogy, and similar devices is that they have pure sine wave inverters, eliminating the annoying audio buzz and frying electronics smell that plague cheaper modified sine wave inverters.