Well, here is my 2¢ on social media platforms

I tried snapchat maybe 2 years ago. I didn't like the idea of "rush to see the video before it is deleted". You tube had almost every video I need without the need to rush or else...
Plus , most material I saw was not really my type

So, I deleted Snapchat and still convinced it is not for me

Facebook and Twitter
I did try them for a while cuz I met great people in subjects that I liked, but eventually didn't have enough time for all

Instagram and Pinterest
I think they are cool. I believe some folks here may like them. Just focus your time on your favorite subjects like prepping, and forget the rest.

Try Pinterest, just for a while

LinkedIn.
This one is focused on professional folks like engineers and accountants ..etc. and people looking for jobs in those fields. Not really "social", at least in theory. I visit it a few times a week, since two of my kids are looking for jobs , plus I want to keep in touch with the professional world.

Smartphone...
My smartphone is used as dumb-phone ( call & messaging ) + personal assistant ( calculator, translating, unit conversion , and such. Social media stays at home in a mini-tablet. The screen of a smartphone is just not big enough for my poor eyes to read. Plus I don't want to be e-socializing all the time.