I was the last of my family, or actually whole neighborhood, to get into social media. But some of it is good. One example is a page started by a good guy from my home town. The page was focused on saving old pictures that contains much of our heritage. It encouraged many people to bring out their old collections that would have otherwise been buried with them, so to speak. Even being old myself, I saw pictures I never thought existed.

Also, it was an immense relief for me cuz I had old pictures and no one cared about them. I was worried where they would end up after me. So, I uploaded those pictures and wrote several articles explaining them. Many people appreciated the pictures and info. One guy almost came out of the screen hugging and kissing me , LOL, because I showed several pictures of his late uncle who had no kids and no one in their extended family had any pictures of him. He worked for my grandfather and we had several pictures of him working.

So, social media is not all that bad. In addition, I read a few words here and there that prepper families are using social media to get in touch in case of wide spread disasters.