Short answer - Do what we did during the Thomas fire - cope with the situation. We were without electricity for several days and we left the fridge shut almost all that time. Food came through just fine withno significantloss.

I keep lots of solar and battery powered lights handy, as well as a battery powered radio, plus the radios in our two vehicles. I can keep the phones charged from the vehicles or from a couple of portable solar panels.

Most of my power tools are battery powered and are backed up by hand tools.

Cooking can be accomplished with a variety of camp and backpacking stoves. I keep about three weeks of fuel available.

Fortunately I live fairly close to the coast and temps are fairly moderate. About twenty miles away, temps are much more extreme and one would have be "inventive." = do outdoor, strenuous stuff early.

If your electricity in involved in your water heating system, solar heated shower bags work very well. I have used them extensively and they are great.

I'll bet non-Californians would have some valuable imput.

Humankind advanced without electricity for thousands of years. We can survive for a week without voltage.