Chaosmagnet: My work also takes me into government and other secured buildings. My spread out EDC trauma and first-aid-kit is as follows: On my keychain , with my FenixEO5 ( with backwards pocket clip to fit to a hat brim or headband , to use as a headlamp) & Yellow Photon Freedom ( mounted backwards in its neck dangler to prevent accidental “ on”)and large Bison cylinder whistle, is a Bison medium cylinder pill vial ( wrapped in 12”x2” Gorilla Tape). A yellow Mini-Bic lighter with tape under the plunger to prevent accidental discharge is also in my pocket.

The pill vial contains 5x81mg. chewable aspirin for heart attacks; 4 generic Benadryl,for allergic/ anaphylactic attacks; 2 caffeine tablets & 2 pseudoephedrine tabs for congestion and emergency energy boost; 3 ibuprofen tabs for pain. I haven’t figured out how to add 2 Tylenol, to greatly enhance the pain relieving power of the ibuprofen. The tape can be used to secure a dressing, for incipient blisters or as a chest seal with a credit card or alone.

Next to my wallet is my multi-purpose utility/ trauma dressing kit. This consists of a clean, XL , orange or yellow cotton bandana , HOT dry ironed , folded/ refolded/ re-ironed to pocket size and slipped into a sterile Gerber Breat Milk Bag. The bag edges and one side, reinforced w Gorilla Tape. Press out the air with a book when it’s hot and it almost vac seals and flattens the kit. The other bag side has a taped-on flat roll of 48”x2” Gorilla Tape, folded over piece of clear report cover. This gives me a trauma bandage, smoke mask, sling, signal flag, chest seals (bag+tape), splint wrap, etc.

In a back pocket is another hot ironed , XL, yellow bandana, not bagged. This is for utility use or as a tourniquet, with my pocket carried Browning / glassbreaker, flashlight /pen, as a windlass for the tourniquet. Added benefit: almost impossible to pickpocket my wallet wedged against bandana packet.

In my wallet is an H-shaped bandaid, alcohol pad in foil packet ( also good tender) & some dental floss, along with my Medic-Alert ( and I wear a MedicAlert neck medallion).

When security inspection or legal prohibitions are not an issue, I also EDC a LM Xe6 and a Spyderco Delica or Dragonfly.

Additionally, while not strictly a medical item, I carry $500+ in cash, mostly $20s & some $1bills ( for candy machines) . In the words of Mr. Dylan “ money doesn’t talk, it swears.” In a blackout or blizzard, when credit cards won’t process, cash buys you the unavailable hotel room, plane/train/bus ticket, taxi ride, tank of gas and may dissuade a mugger from harming you. So if it can save my posterior, I call it a medical kit component.

Finally, my smart phone ( Mophie power pack included) has various useful emergency apps, including SAS Survival Mannual, First-Aid Mannual, pill identifier, compass, flashlight, etc.

Edited by acropolis5 (07/26/19 12:10 AM)