I live in the Netherlands. The biggest issue is flooding. We have a great water defense system and will be top notch for another 2 or 3 decades. But with the expected weather change, rising sea, and sinking land. These 2-3 decades will require action to safeguard it for the decades after that.

For short term; I decided for an apartment, instead of the ground floor. That prevents me from having issues from a sudden extreme downpour (has not happened yet).

For long term 2 -3 decades, I'll look at the development of the water defense. if that is lacking; I'll just try to sell the place of and move before the rest thinks of it. Working to pay off the place (so I can sell it off easily), have good financial buffer and marketability to find a job elsewhere is getting worked on.

As for mandatory evacuations; the place is insured and I don't have much attachment to stuff. So I don't see the point in staying during an evacuation. My life is far more important. Stuff is insured, even when not I can afford to replace my stuff immediately, likely more than once (well except for the apartment). I do have basics like water and food, in case I need to stay in place.