Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
People who can't be bothered to learn how to build their kit or learn what they need probably won't bother to buy a kit.

Though I constructed my EDC bag from the ground up, I wouldn't knock anything off-the-shelf. The reason is, even with my years of experience of building and modifying first aid bags, the better option is to mod an off-the-shelf kit because someone has already worked out some of the issues.

The second reason is companies such as this one, Doug Ritter and two others I know of have figured out ways to get the best performance per space and weight with out-of-the-box thinking and multi-purpose items.

Again, does anyone know of someone, or a company, who has managed to pack the best performance per space and weight?

If not, does anyone know of someone, or a company, who has promoted the idea of each member of a family having a survival device on their person in case of separation and priced that survival product for that purpose? Someone other than Doug, of course.

Jeanette Isabelle