Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
Of all the forums I know of ETS has about the best ratio of worthwhile content to "noise" of anywhere.

I tend to agree. In most of the forums I frequent the number of posts are way down. It seems to be a widespread issue. The highest number of posts usually seem to be in the "other stuff" subforums - often named "Off Topic", or here on ETS, "Around the Campfire".

Most other forums I use are experiencing a lower signal-to-noise ratio. Less signal, more noise. But here on ETS, when there is no signal, it tends to be replaced by silence, not noise. So right now ETS is experiencing a low signal-to-silence ratio. Less signal and more silence.

I'm not sure what is causing this large scale phenomenon. Is it because we're all getting to be older now, and starting to take more naps and going to bed earlier, thus less time for posting? I know in my case, I'm not doing as many survival related things these days. Update and enhance my Bug Out Bag? Nah, ... I'd just rather stay here and die in comfort in familiar surroundings. TEOTWAWKI? I'm afraid that's pretty much already happened. We can't discuss politics here, but I hope it's still OK to say that TEOTWAWKI has happened because of politics.