The link is good for TomTom units. I couldn’t find a corresponding link for Garmin. I’ll just check my receivers after the rollover and update them as required.

Edit: GPS Week Rollover April 2019 - May affect older (pre-2010) GPS devices | GPS | ST-Owners.com
Quote:
If you use a GPS device that was manufactured after 2010, you probably don't need to worry. Beginning in 2010, most manufacturers began manufacturing devices that used a 13 bit parameter for week numbers, meaning that they won't be affected by a week number rollover until 2057 - long after the owner has turned to dust.

This will probably effect my Garmin GPS V. I’ll check with Garmin regarding my GPSMAP 60 and my old Nuvi 760. The receivers I’m using most often now are all post 2010. Still, it’s a good time to update the software.

Edit 2: Garmin GPS Week Number Rollover Statement | Garmin Support
Quote:
What is the GPS Week Number Rollover (WNRO)?

The GPS system is world renowned for its ability to provide accurate and reliable positioning and timing information worldwide. The GPS satellites transmit to users the date and time accurate to nanoseconds. However, back in 1980, when the GPS system first began to keep track of time, the date and time was represented by a counter that could only count forward to a maximum of 1024 weeks, or about 19.7 years. After 1024 weeks had elapsed, this counter “rolled over” to zero, and GPS time started counting forward again. This first rollover occurred in August of 1999. The second rollover will occur on April 6, 2019.

Is My Device Affected?

For many years, Garmin has anticipated and prepared for this event. Regardless, Garmin has been performing exhaustive testing of current and legacy devices to determine if they will be affected by the GPS week number rollover. Our testing shows the vast majority of Garmin GPS devices will handle the WNRO without issues.

What is the Effect of a GPS Week Number Rollover Issue?

For GPS devices that are affected, after the rollover occurs, an incorrect date and time will be displayed. This incorrect time will also be used to timestamp track logs, compute sunrise and sunset, and other functions that rely upon the correct date and time. However, the positioning accuracy will not be affected. The device will continue to deliver the same positioning performance as before the rollover.

So positioning will still be good, time might be way off. I’ll just wait and see which of my older units have an issue and go from there.

Edited by Russ (04/04/19 01:01 PM)
Edit Reason: added Garmin link