I've needed a Traveler Kit, or similar FAK, in my EDC bag for at least twelve years. With them, I've treated scraped knees, a wardrobe malfunction (using a safety pin), a headache, first degree burns, sprung ankles, changing bandages, a door slamming on a hand, a lady trips and lands on a hard floor, more scraped knees, a bruised head and a suspected neck injury. Through all that, I've learned what adjustments I need to make. I've made adjustments accordingly.

Through all that, I never needed a tourniquet or any other major bleeding item. With that, why would I want to make adjustments for significant bleeding? It's not like I visit a gun range or a similar environment. I'm part of a religious group who gets targeted. For that, I need something for active shooter situations.

It's best that I don't handle a gun because of my anxiety disorder; I can apply a tourniquet on myself or patch others up after the smoke clears.

Jeanette Isabelle