Small bandages are those with diminished dimensions relative to bigger bandages - typically less than 1.5 cm by 7cm - commonly referred to as "bandaids".

Thing is, you will probably apply about a thousand bandaids for every application of a tourniquet or splint. At one point, I was responsible for stocking the FAKs in a rather large office.People were getting into the FAKs and messing up the contents searching for bandaids that I finally placed a separate box of BAs outside the FAK so that its contents would be undisturbed and accessible for the really serious, but rare, incidents.

I soon started placing BAs in my wallet, readily accessible for the common booboo without even digging out a FAK. It really minimizes the drama....

What about steps and measures once the blood has stopped gushing? How will you summon or provide transportation to more definitive care? That is easily the most important action one can take in significant incidents.

If you face really significant injuries or mass casualty situations, you will run out of dedicated items. Always plan on improvising - it is an essential part of first aid.

Edited by hikermor (03/16/19 02:59 AM)