Not a tale of epic survival. Just a minor event in which I failed (half way) to prepare.

Yesterday was the first not too cold not raining Saturday in a long while. Mrs. T and I went for a walk in an arboretum near home. A very pleasant outdoor environment in a seemingly endless suburbia.

I wore my 15 year old high quality hiking boots. In their early days they faithfully took me through numerous Boy Scout hikes and high adventures with my two sons, including 150ish miles in Camp Philmont, the BS jewel in NE New Mexico.

When we were about halfway through the intended hike (farthest from the car) the right sole suddenly came almost entirely off. Only a small portion at the toe remained attached. No problem, I will simply pull out the duck tape that I keep in my back pants pocket and....wait....where is my duck tape!!! I left it in my other pants at home!!! Grrrrrr

Alternate plan, tie it on with paracord. That was still in my vest, as always. That worked sufficiently well to get me to the car.

Somehow I simply cannot remember to check every pocket when I change clothes. All the thinking and preparing that I try to do and when I needed an item it was not there.

Maybe a 2 is 1, 1 is none situation?