My EDC is fluid. I always have a locking folder, an 1xAA or 1xAAA LED flashlight and other items in my pockets. It’s mostly about function/purpose and not about specific models or steels. Although I like the latest super-steels, I still EDC an early Benchmade 940 (154CM) at times and then switch to a BM940 in S30V or a Spyderco in VG-10. There’s a lot of good gear in the marketplace and I am not usually loyal to any one brand.

If anything, I’m regressing with regard to tech in that I’ve gone back to a flip-phone (4G LTE), while technically a “smartphone”, really it’s not; there are no apps available and texting is a PITA. All I need a phone for is voice comms, in which the flip-phone excels. I have a number of GPS receivers so I don’t need a phone for navigation. I usually know where I’m going before I start walking or driving so the GPS is there to calculate ETA’s (in my car) or track actual speed (real time and trip averaged), time and mileage when I’m walking (Trip Odometer). The Garmin Foretrex 601 is working well for those walks and battery life is outstanding.