I would of froze!! for the 26 years I lived north of Minneapolis and made a 100 mile drive back and forth to work I had a heavy "north slope" down parka.the drive was half freeway and then a half hour or so on back county roads which were sometimes snow
covered and icy.i always thought that the jacket would keep me
safe if i had car problems.
so last night we came back from dinner at 25 or so below and i took off my heavy sweater and car coat just as my wife said we should walk
the dogs before settling down for the night.i live in the city now and the parka is just for bad winter days.rather than get back into a sweater or something i just pulled on my parka over a dress shirt like i did when i worked and made the drive and out we went.the jacket was NOT helping.in a half a block i could feel the cold and by the time we just went around the block i was freezing!!!..it of course dawned on me that back when i drove
to work thinking i had a survival jacket that i would of sat in a cold car with no real way of getting warm.
when you have a good car with a great heater you sort of get lazy about all stuff they tell you about winter driving and just act like it just another day...