So - it got cold out. All I have seen on the news is how nobody has ever had it this cold! well at least not for 20 years! And... a lot of other hype.

I am an old crusty sort and remember a child hood and youth in good old South Dakota where this sort of thing was called "Wednesday" when it was winter time. School didn't get called off and business ran just like normal. Grandpa, who was a local small town Postmaster then would have been horrified with the mail not being delivered. I had to go to work today and just made it a point to 'bundle up' and be sensible about being outside. Everybody else that made it to the job also seemed surprise that it was even an issue.

However, I am not saying it isn't dangerous - some lives have been lost already so it's nothing to make light of. It still seems a bit over the top for me and makes me think that a lot of people just don't know how to take care of themselves.

What say you? Sure, stay inside and don't venture out if you don't need to but - how many of us can really do that (jobs or other demands)? Just thinking about it and wondering...