Everything I always carry is in my pants pockets or attached to my pants. This includes cellphone, knife, firearm, flashlight, wallet, and emergency meds. I will pick up keys if I'm driving but not otherwise (our house has electronic locks so I don't need a key to get back in). The two other things that I pick up 95% of the time when I leave the house are my sunglasses and my "little bag", which is about a 5x9x1 neoprene pouch that holds my Kindle PaperWhite eBook reader, my Kindle Fire tablet, and a small MP3 player and earbuds (i.e., all my entertainment stuff). About 75% of the time I will also pick up a water bottle (actually it's a 1 (1-1/2?) quart thermos that is always loaded with ice and water). If it's cold out I'll grab a coat - which always has a hat and gloves shoved in the pockets. I never have to remember to pick up my coffee mug, because that is permanently attached to my hand.

Funny you mentioned the gun club, because I *do* have a go-bag for that. Loaded with my favorite target pistols, ammo, targets, hearing protection, glasses, range tools, etc. Usually I plan ahead and pack up all the different things I'd want to shoot, but I have the go-bag for when a friend drops by unexpectedly and says "let's go shoot". I can just grab my go-bag from the safe and be out the door, ready to have fun, in a few seconds.