I'm taking enough weekender trips that I'm getting an idea of what I need and don't need. As I become more and more experienced, I get a better idea of what to add and what to drop.

This trip, for example, I left my pill cutter at home. Since I currently have five pill cutters, Mom suggested I keep a pill cutter in my EDC bag.

That sounds like a plan. What I think would be better is go with Mom's suggestion and one of my own: create an itemized list on my word processor and print it out. It's best to start that now to organize the items in categories. This way I got a month to let my OCD get every item under the right heading.

Under prescription medication, for example, I would list every prescription.

Where we go, when we go, how long will we be gone and what will do when we get there will change some items, such as clothes, but other things should remain the same.

Another change I considered because of this trip, and because I got sick last year, is to add cough drops.

Jeanette Isabelle