I don’t normally eat energy bars, but since the transportation system in my region seems to be nearing its collapse, I’ve been meaning to buy a case of bars and keep a couple each in my car and EDC bag as emergency chow in case I got stuck somewhere. I plan to rotate them by eating a few as snacks during my summer day hikes.

I seem to recollect that Clif Bars are a favorite among sports and preparedness folks in the US, but I wouldn’t have considered them normally, as the prices for such US products are usually exorbitant here in Europe. That is, until I found, while browsing Amazon Italy for an European equivalent, a German seller offering cases of mixed, original Clif Bars for a price not too dissimilar from that of Amazon USA, and with free shipping to boot.

The problem is that, according to the reviews of some purchasers, the Clif Bars offerd by this particular seller seem to be sold relatively near their expiration date (for example, a best by June 2018 for a bar sold in February 2018). Such drawback seems to rule out the use of these bars for an emergency stash, but I seem to remember that a few members here mentioned that they tried to eat Clif Bars well past their expiration date and found them unchanged, meaning that they keep well for a fair amount of time.

Could any member and Clif Bar user recount his experience in this regard?

Thank you very much!

Edited by albusgrammaticus (01/09/19 07:00 PM)