I'm not a fan of scandi grinds at all. I'll happily tolerate them on a Mora due to the cheap-and-cheerful nature of that brand but I prefer a full flat grind for almost every purpose. When it comes to steels I feel they all have a place. Stainless if fine (or semi-stainless) for most purposes but 3V and O1 are also good. Really even the venerable 1095 works very well when the HT is good.

I'll confess that you'll almost never see me actually wear a knife on my belt. Certainly there will be at least a couple in my pack and I'll always have a folder in my pocket if I'm wearing pants. It's such a rare occasion that I need a fixed blade available at a moment's notice that I almost never carry it that way. When out in the woods I will sometimes have an ESEE Izula/Izula II on my neck, secured with a necklace of gutted paracord with a breakaway section to prevent strangulation.

It certainly doesn't bother me to say someone carrying a fixed blade on their belt but the other reason I don't is that there's virtually always a sidearm there. As a righty the best spot to conveniently access a knife is the same spot where it's handy to access a firearm. If I do the need the firearm the need may be more urgent than the need for the knife.