Originally Posted By: pforeman
However, if I could target it at 50 years and send it to me, well then - it would be a simple note to buy apple stock when it comes out! Really I should also send some pictures of now and also some notes on how life will work out and don't let the crappy times that are coming get to you as it's all ok later in life.

I always liked the Dennis the Menace cartoon where little Dennis is on his trike talking to friend Joey saying "Boy, what I wouldn't give to be five again and know what I know now." It's sort of like that...

I posted this same topic in another forum. Fernando makes an interesting point.

Originally Posted By: Fernando
Excuse me for making this personal; what if Jeanette (you) got a message from the future about your father's plane crash and of the events to follow that makes you who you are today? You would feel that you should do something about it, no matter what that something might be. Even causing a delay in the event can cause change. In trying to change the outcome of the future, whether it succeeds or not, creates a new future and thus a different Jeanette in the end.

The likely hood that you, Jeanette, will not act is slim. This is true for everyone. And this is why some events are immutable but the attempts in changing it can cause other (unknown) ramifications one has to deal with.

http://www.hondosackett.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1539966421/9#9