Montanero, best of luck, Sir... rain in the mountains is something I have no experience with, I'm lucky to be at 32feet, inland 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico... just a couple of thoughts from Irma last year... a generator reduces a lot of anxiety....in addition to water; tea, coffee, cold soft drink is very welcomed, along with some snacks... a way to cook and not need hot water for clean up makes a small tail gate propane grill look very appealing... cooking on bamboo skewers... 7 day coolers don't need to be roto formed to hold for multiple days, I transfer perishable food to them as soon as the power goes out... bagged ice for drinks in addition to solid frozen water jugs in case... second cooler to transport ice... non potable water to shower and flush... re chargable AA powered radios, headlamps, task and area LEDs....filled #1 propane cylinders and a couple of 25# bulk tanks...

small things... insulated beverage mug...battery circulating fan...trailer hitch ball on riding mower...utility trailer... chain saw...power strip to charge all batteries from the same wall outlet..quick dry nylon clothing if fire is not a potential

at my age a heart attack doing something foolish is more of a potential threat than the storm itself....

run from the water, and hide from the wind (Craig Fugate)