There’s going to be a lot of rain with this one and probably some high winds depending on how far you are from landfall. You never really know what will happen once these storms cross the beach. Do they move on thru and just drop trees, or do they stall and then proceed to drop trees and lots of rain. All you can do is be ready for all of the above.

Fortunately, I no longer reside in hurricane or typhoon prone areas. When I did I was generally less prepared than I would be today. However, the one thing I always did was top off my car’s gas tank. Later, I expanded that to fuel for cooking — camp stove fuel.

Currently I live in an EQ prone area and rather than topping off the tank, I just reserve the lower half of the tank because EQ’s are much less predictable than the hurricane you track for days prior. Cooking wise I keep a full 20# propane tank to use with my Coleman camp stove, as well as a dozen butane bottles for my Gas One butane stove.

** A good amount (lots) of drinking water is always a good thing.

[Sarc on]
If you are near the beach, don’t forget to go surfing just before the storm hits. Awesome waves with plenty of news/weather reporters there to document your stupidity. wink I hear kite-surfing is the thing to do during the height of the storm cool
[Sarc off]