I mentioned acquiring this model a bit ago and Montanero, I believe, was interested in how it would work for me. I am very happy with this light and it is a slight improvement over my previous key chain light, a Fenix LD02.

The HL10 is a separate light assembly which sits in a headband holder which fits on one's head or hat. The light can easily be tilted through a wide range. the light inserts or removes from the holder with a bit of effort, but it is doable. The total volume of the HL10 is about the same as the LD02, slightly thicker in the head, but shorter overall.

I have used mine as a key chain light and I am happy. It has not turned on inadvertently, something the LD02 did occasionally. I keep the headlamp assembly handy and will probably throw it in my pack on trips - weight and bulk are trivial compared to the increased utility.

The light has three brightness levels - the highest of which is said to be 70 lumens. It is useful for getting around ordinary terrain in the dark. AAA's don't last forever, so I usually have a spare handy in a separate container. Fenix doesn't recommend using lithium primaries in the hL10, a minor inconvenience - I am quite happy with Eneloops.

All in all, thumbs up! The price ($27) is reasonable

Edited by hikermor (07/27/18 08:00 PM)