Hey, the ancient Egyptians used beer as a strategic weapon. Beers requires boiling the water, and the Egyptian army drank mostly beer while on campaign. Other armies drank local water, and got sick. So the Egyptians could field a larger force than their enemies could.

I watched the videos. Up front I will say that any material, supplies or tools are better than having nothing, so everything they show has some value. There are some items I would not choose, others that I swear by. They do seem to have a large number of "most recommended" items, I think they should pare it down a bit and prioritize between "most recommended" and "others that we recommend".

There were some that I had never seen before, and I may try some of them out. I would like to find a good chemical lab to help me test the water purification methods, along with all of the other ones I already have. That straw, the "Sidekick", advertises some significant capabilities for such a small device. If it actually works it would be a very excellent addition to any kit, if it actually works.