All this emphasis on tourniquets puzzles me. In 40 years of SAR work, 15 of which was quite intensive, I never had occasion to apply a tourniquet, nor did i ever hear of one being applied. And we had plenty of bleeding wounds, almost all stopped by direct pressure, perhaps aided with a pressure bandage. Multiple, bleeding traumas were common. The worst case I recall was an arm amputation at the shoulder (ran into a moving rear helo rotor), probably clamped by involuntary muscle pressure - a good thing because there was literally no stub for a T site.

Ts seem to be very popular in combat settings. i speculate that this is because those situations are radically different from civilian accident settings in all sorts of ways. The prudent combat first responder needs to keep a low profile, is likely to be dealing with more than one patient, probably multiple injuries per patient, and needs a quick fix. While experienced in civilian accident scenes, I have no combat experience.

Just wondering that T's are useful in combat zones, but are not necessarily appropriate in relatively gentler conditions. I generally have the means to improvise a T, but for me, in the situations I have experienced, Ts are entirely too specialized to justify their inclusion in a FAK, at least one carried by a responder on foot, deep in the woods, in most situations.