Originally Posted By: hikermor
I would find space for a stethoscope and BP cuff - it is a really good idea to diagnose before treatment and a careful patient survey, right at the start, is crucial. Often an obvious traumatic injury directs attention away from a more serious, but less obvious, problem (bloody arm fracture vs. potential spinal/cervical FX).

I'm not confident I can squeeze the C-A-T in there. There's definitely no room for a stethoscope and blood pressure cuff.

Some sort of notebook, writing instrument to record symptoms, times, and progression. This will be much appreciated as you hand off the victim for further care. OTOH, this happens so rarely, they may not know how to deal with it.

I included that in my suggested upgrades.

So much is situational. you would want different meds if dealing with high altitude problems, but that is probably not an issue in Florida.

Even when I bug out, I will not be in a high altitude.

I don't see anything for CPR - a face mask for that purpose is not absolutely critical, but it is quite useful.

I have it listed in the standard equipment.

Jeanette Isabelle