I'm in agreement that your EDC has to fit your environment and situation.

Every day I've got my little Fenix EO5 on my key chain with a custom cuff key and 'p-38' on it and alongside is my SureFire P6 for flashlights. I also have my Gerber Applegate Combat Folding Knife and a 'generic' little three blade Stockman Pocket Knife. wallet and a small daytimer with some extra cash, cards documents info and ID. I also have Issued work ID, cell phone some pocket change and my money clip with spending cash - a 'space' bullet pen eyeglass wipe rag and a mini FAK (gloves, mask, batteries for SureFire) there is also a couple of hankies a couple of extra poo bags in case the fur ball is with but they can be re-purposed easily - a couple of other steel case ball point pens too. I carry when at the office an extra FAK with tourniquet, bandages, duct tape, more gloves etc. A side arm comes into play when it makes sense but I am often in un-permissive places so the firearm comes and goes and I can't consider it EDC.

There is also a whole additional level when I get to my car as well... 'go bag' with a bunch of gear and additional supplies too. Don't even get me started about the extra pounds that live in my coat when I have that on and it's usually at least in the car even in the summer (winter just gets a heaver version).

So, the point to this is to figure out if you need a C D AA or AAA size light and how it is to do more then just light stuff up. My little SureFire has a 'strike bezel' and I can do a whole lot with that and I am glad to replace my Mag-Light (went from D to C to SureFire) with the little P6. A lot of people won't or don't like my knife choices - hey, so be it... works for me.

We won't even start talking about going full blown with duty belt, rifle and all that crap - that ain't daily carry!

Paul -