- cash
I carry several $20's, but I never use them. The ones currently in my wallet have been there for several years. I guess I might need them some day.

- Sunglasses
I always have these. Some people are more sensitive to sunlight than others though. For many years, I never used, or needed sunglasses. That changed as I got older.

- spare key
A key to what? The only time I carry a spare is on a vacation. The driver has one car key. The alternate driver has the other. Never does the same person have both keys. Other than that, my spare keys are stored in the "spare key cabinet" at home.

- extra contacts/ solution
If I wore contacts, my "spare" would be my glasses. I can imagine many things that could happen (e.g., sand blown into your eyes) where you'd probably rather take out your contacts and use glasses instead.

- pen
If I need to make note of something, usually I take a picture with my cellphone or tablet. I can also enter notes directly into either of those if need be. The batteries could die, but in many decades of life I've just never had any emergency need to take a note.

- ibuprofen
Might be important if you routinely have headaches or something. Luckily, I use stuff like this rarely, and would just stop at a store and buy some if I needed it. Or do without.

- spare cell charger/ battery
If you're in an urban area, everybody and his brother will have a cell phone you could borrow to make an emergency call. If you're in the middle of nowhere, you probably don't have cell service anyway. I carry a cell phone that is fully charged in the morning when I leave home. The battery typically lasts for several days for me f I don't charge it.

- water bottle
I usually have water with me. More for convenience than for emergencies.

Hiking and traveling into remote areas is one thing, but for the EDC that this thread is about, I don't worry too much about carrying extra stuff for emergencies. My EDC tends to be more convenience stuff. I have extra stuff in the car, but I don't actually carry that and don't consider it EDC. It's available quickly most of the time, but not necessarily immediately.

I EDC a folding knife and small flashlight because I use these literally several times each day. Also a firearm - not because I expect to use it, but because there is no substitute and zero allowable delay if I do need it. You might also consider my mug of coffee to be EDC too, since you never see me without it!