Wednesday morning I experienced a minor cough. I can't remember why; fortunately, I packed a bottle of a liquid cough suppressant. Later that day the cough morphed into either a major cold or minor flu. I did not have any cold medicine.

Even with the cough medicine, I had two hours of sleep that night. A cough kept me up the rest of the night.

Thursday I am tired, I have a cold and I can't eat. All I could do was sit there and watch whatever was on TV and consume as much liquids as I could. Mom returns to the condo with cold medicine. That helped a little. I go to sleep, wake up a few hours later, took my medication and went back to sleep. I woke up at around 11:00 P.M. I go back to sleep again. I'm in and out of sleep for the next few hours because of the same disturbing dream.

If anyone knows what increasing the clock speed of an Apple IIe (to accept a faster SCSI hard drive) has to do with real estate development in Colonial Williamsburg, please let me know. That would put my mind at ease.

I need to know what reasonable precautions I need to take in the event something like this happen again. This is the second time in my remembrance in which I was this sick during a trip.

Friday, on the road back home, I took my last dose of aspirin. I EDC a bottle of aspirin. For a trip, I need to bring an extra bottle of aspirin from now on.

Jeanette Isabelle