Huh, your Gerber LST suggestion reminded me of my very tiny Gerber LST 200 that was my EDC pocket knife before Doug Ritter came out with the mini RSK Mk1!!! I'd forgotten about it, but it now sits in the end table drawer right next to my chair.

My very tiny Gerber LST 200's open length is a tad more than 3.5 inches. Closed length is about 2 inches. The blade is about 1.5 inches.

For such a tiny knife my very tiny Gerber LST 200 sharpened very well and had a decent lock. The only issue I had was that it was a bit tough to hold when applying much force (TINY!), and the hole in the handle is really small. At the time I struggled with finding cordage small and durable enough to go through it.

As I recall I used the cord to attach the LST to a Boy Scout Hot Spark and its steel striker (the BSA Hot Spark was the smallest ferro rod I'd ever seen, though I'm not sure if it's still available).

I looked for my tiny Gerber LST 200 online, but the closest I found was the Gerber Ultralight LST that you'd mentioned.

The Gerber Ultralight LST open length is 4.62 inches, closed length is 2.65 inches, and has a 1.96 inch blade.

Obviously this Gerber Ultralight LST is a very different knife than my very tiny Gerber LST, which must be discontinued now.

The regular Gerber LST you mentioned is a "bigger" knife (it's all relative) with an open length of 6.1 inches, closed length of 3.61 inches, and a 2.63 inch blade

Ken