Well, geek that I am, it took me about 90 minutes to rifle thru my old magazine article subject files for the “ on-point” article I remembered. To wit: A Summer 1995 article in Tactical Knives, authored by Steve Dick, a notable custom knife designer, entitled “ Have Knife, Will Travel”. The subject is the perfect “Travel Knife” for adventure travel by intrepid civilians.

Various folding & fixed blade knives are discussed, including kitchen cutlery , camp knives, hunting knives, and Dick’s own special design. One semi-custom Knife which is prominently discussed, as a near perfect Travel Knife, is Bud Nealy’s Pesh Kabz with a 3.5” blade. Coincidently, Nealy’s independent design , is very similar to Dick’s own Travel Knife design.

I have owned & used the Nealy Pesh Kabz, 3.5” blade, for many years. It is indeed a very practical , camp, travel, food prep and general purpose knife. Not cheap, but a very elegant slolution. I have gifted this knife to some special friends and relatives to commemorate important events in their lives. All of them are unanimous in their praise of this lovely and useful tool. I have no connection to Mr. Nealy other than an appreciation of his work.