Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
I'd recommend that you delete the decompression needles unless you have been trained to use them, and add more chest seals instead. If you are not a medical professional a decompression needle is way outside the scope of your practice, and a lot of harm can be done if they are used improperly.

I have not been trained with the decompression needle. I acknowledge learning the procedure from the book, which is what I did, is not the same. One thing the author drives home more than anything else is:

If the situation is desperate and the victim is literally dying, there is only one thing that you can do to possibly save his life.

Pleural should not be undertaken lightly and should be attempted only is the victim appears to be dying.

With that established, should I delete the decompression needles from the list?

Chaos Magnet, should I include the decompression needles for the reason I stated or is the victim's chance of dying the same regardless of what I do or don't do?

Jeanette Isabelle