Originally Posted By: KenK
Originally Posted By: Tjin
I don't have a PLB (yet), i have stuck on who to set as my emergency contact. Parents are immigrants who don't speak the lauguage, brother is often abroad and does nothing outdoors. Using some of my trip mates can be a issue, if you are on a trip...

When I registered my PLB many many years ago I fully expected to find the ability for me to enter my upcoming trip plans, so, if I was forced to activate the PLB, the officials could look at their registration site and read what their plans where. This would help with Tjin's problem. I know some (many?) users would never touch the registration site after the first use, but I honestly believe that those who have their head on their shoulders would indeed post their pre-trip information and keep it up-to-date.

The main issue is that PLB registration is still paper based in mine country and no extra lines you can fill in about your trip. Also, it takes some processing time, which can be short or long. So get to send in changes to the contact way ahead.