Quote:
1 Small Scissors These scissors are ok, but consider a pair of bandage scissors.

As far as I can tell most of these are larger than the ones I have in the kit.

Quote:
1 .5 oz bottle Betadine. Consider Betadine pads as it takes 50 drops to 500 mL of water for irrigation of wounds.

I'm going to start a seperate topic about this.

Quote:
Consider putting all Meds in a small set of vials (red topped tube in photo by knife blades) like Doug uses.

Hmm. It seems like if you put them in their own vials they would take up too much space and if you put them all in one you have a problem keeping them straight.

Quote:
1 roll waterproof tape. Why so much in this type package? I wound 1 meter around a paper clip and I then put a heavy-duty sewing needle down one side of the paper clip.

Yah, it might be a bit carried away. I can probably just find a smaller roll.

Quote:
1 10ml syringe This is a good idea, but in the case of the size of your container, use a 1 qt. Ziplock bag. Poke a hole in one corner if needed for wound irrigation. Also gives you an extra water storage container.

Clever idea. I'm doing better on the space front so I think I'll keep it for now.

Quote:
1 .5 oz bottle Hypo Tears. A small individual dose like minidrops works ideally in tight spaces.

I hadn't found a source for the little ampules. However while the one of the grocery stores today I scored! They carried them so I have replaced the bottle with two ampules. Cool.

Quote:
1 pair latex exam gloves. 1 pair will fit into a 35mm film canister if nothing else works. The canister will fit the 1040 box.

Things are starting to fit a lot easier now with the various adjustments. However, I think I will look for a pouch to put these on the outside.

Quote:
If you reduce the bulk, then everything should fit.

Thanks! We are definately making progress!

-john