Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Honestly, and without trying to spark debate, I'm still sometimes taken aback by the need for guns & ammo for a little run to the corner store, but I get that that's a cultural thing.

I probably should just let this slide but since someone else mentioned it... wink You could substitute "seat belt" for gun and the meaning would be the same. Just as you're just as likely to need a seat belt on a short drive as a long one (per mile driven at least) and since you can get injured or killed during a short drive, I would submit it makes sense to consistently wear your seat belts- every time, no exceptions. I buckle up to move my car to the other side of the street. To me the same goes for a sidearm. If I knew for a fact when I would need the gun I'd simply stay home that day! grin But since robberies and assaults are seldom preceded by written invitation in advance, I tend to carry my sidearm everywhere it's legal and practical to do so. smile

I guess it's just a matter of having different perspectives on the world. Bygones. smile

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA