Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Honestly, and without trying to spark debate, I'm still sometimes taken aback by the need for guns & ammo for a little run to the corner store, but I get that that's a cultural thing. Multiple knives probably fits into this category for me too, but I have been guilty of that myself a time or twelve. wink

I try not to judge other people too harshly, but two things that always make me tilt my head and think "HUH?" when I see them in people's EDC are handcuffs and lock pick kits. They just seem too far fetched to me, but to each his own.

My BOB gun is limited to a knock-down .22lr and 16 rounds in 2 mags. I don't need anything more than that in a 30 lbs pack. Its primarily for food retrieval not "personal protection". Canucks are a lot less concerned about societal breakdown.

If you want to be entertained, Sootch00 put together a video about a neighbourhood/family group that were planning their 72-hour bug out exercise. What astounded me the most was all the still packaged stuff everyone carried. In other words, they bought a bunch of "survival" stuff but nobody tested the equipment out. Group Bug Out Night