JohnN--

Good list, but I'd question a few things. The scissors, for instance...Carry a Swiss Army Knife or Leatherman Micra (or copy) with scissors, instead. Leave them out of the FAK.

The thermometer is unneccessary in a pocket FAK, though I think I've got one in my vehicle kit--gotta double check that (we have small children, & it is nice to have when travelling!).

The tears solution...why? Do you wear contacts, or is it to irrigate/flush an object from the eye? If the former, OK, you need it. If the latter, use drinking water, or get small single use ampules of tear solution or saline. I explained what I wanted to my Opthalmologist & asked his advice; he gave me several samples for my various kits, some of which contained multiple single use ampules. Those got divided among kits. By the way, I'm not against having something dedicated for an eyewash (I obviously have it, but just in the smallest possible package). I'm not looking for extended, repeated use--just true first aid. We like to ride excursion trains--especially steam locomotives, & when you get a cinder in your eye, you want it washed out quickly!

On re-reading the thread, I see I'm merely repeating some of what Matt said, so I'll end now. He's made pretty much the same points I was about to make.

Good luck in your choices.

David