Well first question in your mind should be what is this FAK gotta serve me for? Is it my personal kit or just all around just in case kit? From what I see you are trying to be a corner drug store (which is good) but unfortunately it takes way to much space. In my opinion when setting up a kit I think about me and my family first, than friends and than strangers.

1 Pelican 1040 Micro Case - good case. I would tape First Aid instruction to the top lid together with expiration dates on the meds and any medical conditions you may have, allergies and current medications.

1 Small Scissors - why? you have scissors on your mutlitool or sak, plus little scissors are not substitute for trauma shears. Unless it is a nail cutter/hygiene device which really has no place in the FAK. Unsupervised they also can puncture stuff.

1 .5 oz bottle Betadine - I would loose the bottle and get the swipes or wipes. Less mess and you don’t use your sterile pads for application.

2 Excedrin 2 tablet pack

2 Tylenol 2 tablet pack - I would make it four

1 roll waterproof tape - I love the tape. This is the best thing ever. Did I mention that I love the tape?

1 10ml syringe - why?

1 sml roll Tums - if you use them a lot i would keep the roll otherwise would carry only few of them

2 tablet Claritin -

1 .5 oz bottle Hypo Tears - is it because you wear contact lenses? or just in case? If this is just in case I would loose it (unless you have space)

1 roll cotton gauze in plastic - I would get a cravat and loose that gauze... use your sterile pads for direct wound cover and attach it with tape, cravat or tear something like a tshirt. If you need a blood stoper/absorber use a tampon.

1 digital thermometer - why? knowing exact temperature will not help you out a bit. Learn between hot, normal and cool and cold... you can measure it with the top portion of your hand

3 sucrets tablets

2 tablet Sudafed - do you see the difference in SUdafed and Bendaryl when in use? Do you prefer one over another? If you think one is better I would stick with that.

2 tablet Benadryl Allergy

1 razor blade - this should be in your PSK already.

2 .9g Neosporin Pack - that's good

4 large band aids

4 butterfly closures - if you need that you either need stitches or your cut is in the weird spot. Nothing tape wouldn’t fix. I would loose that.

2 small, round bandaids

4 small bandaids

1 pair latex exam gloves - I carry two pairs. First of all you have to remember that they are not sterile unless they are packed in separate bag by the manufacturer. Gloves are there to protect you from contamination not your patients (well to the point if you are sick you don't want your patient to get what you have). Now the way I carry mine is that I pack two together and roll them into small squares starting at fingers. This pushes all the air out and I'm set.

2 sterile packs, Steri-Strips (R1546) - why?

1 small pair pointed tweezers

3 packs 3"x4" triple layer non-stick pads - get two 4by4s... they are sterile and each pack contains 2 pads... if you need more than two to control bleeding you are in trouble.

1 pack 2nd Skin burn pad - skip this add water burn jel (pocket) and use non stick pads

To your setup I would add aspirin, Imodium and some kind of cpr barrier (if you know how to do cpr).

Now when I wrote my comments I don't mean to say that you are wrong in what you are carrying. I just tried to give you a different point of view on what I would carry. I also have a modular kit. My basic kit lacks certain stuff due to my philosophy is sucking pain up but in my extended kit I also carry weird stuff such as Narcan, Atropine, Dextrose, Thiamine, Glucagon, Epinephirne, Lidacaine, Lasix, Nitro, prescription eye drops and I carry Normal Saline in order to set a drip up. I have few syringes, needles and suture kit. But my expanded kit is for no one but me, my family and my closes friends (only in emergency situation as in during kayaking trip when no help can be found within 5-6 hours). My expanded kit also has a lot of trauma supplies. My super extended kit has O2 supplies and airway maintenance kit (intubation). Again "right to use" of this kit belongs to me only and I will not use it on the stranger or even a friend if I know I can get help to them (unless I work under someone’s medical license like during blackout when I would grab it and throw it on the ambulance since restocking was limited and far in between). And remember you can have a pocket hospital in you kit but without skills and training it will do more harm than help.

Very nice way of sorting out your everyday carry things was given to me by another member on this board. He told me to lay out my EDC items and write them down. Carry all of them for a week and jot down which item I used and how many times. Items that were big and bulky but used 0 times were potential candidates for back pack carry or actually leaving them at home. Some items such as FAKs would not be used every day (which is good) but when you used them notice the pattern of which meds and supplies you rotate thru. I’m big on cuts and burns so my EDC FAK has load of band aids, 4by4s, alcohol wipes, burn jel and antibiotic ointment. Less on other medications. But if you are a person that has allergies, gets cold often or headache maybe a med part should be extended and trauma should be kept to the minimum.

Just my two cents. Cheers. Half fun is putting your kit together.

Matt