I am still looking for the best container, but have settled for now on a spec ops pocket buddy. This is the soft case sized for the thigh pocket of US Battle Dress Utilities (cammies). It comes with two waterproof allosacks (sp?). One holds meds (I carry four doses) and the other carries bandages. I put two ziplocks in as well. One holds general stuff (tweezers, safety pins, etc) the other holds wound management (cleansers, anitbiotics (topical) etc.) Roll of waterproof tape is on the key keeper, and the epi pen is on top in its case. I will replace the zip locks with allosacks when I get a chance. I stuff a trauma bandage in its protective wrap in the outside pocket. Eventually EMT shears will accompany it as well. Still looking for a 2 oz bottle for the betadine solution.

It is not perfect (bulges a little) and can still hold a med manual (similar to the Weiss Medicine for Mountaineering). The allosacks are waterproof to 200 ft and the rest is relatively water resistant anyway. Additionally I vacuum packed a roll of gauze to get rid of the bulk and waterproof it. Worked pretty well.