Originally Posted By: Mike_H
How are you set for dealing with severe laceration / bleeding?

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned, these are just my preps, not the household preps. The home medical kit has items for more severe bleeding such as a SWAT tourniquet, compressed gauze and Israeli bandages.

Can anyone on this thread recommend, not recommend products like QuikClot? Would acquiring / learning how to use a suture kit a worthwhile endeavor?

I asked Mom what she thought about getting a suture kit, like the ones travelers bring with them when going into third-world nations. She felt sterile strips would be adequate.

Your food situation seems limited. Have you thought about Mountain House type products either pouch or cans (which last much longer in storage). A case or two of MREs? I fear the protein bars, crackers, supplements will not really sustain you. Additionally, menu fatigue with such a limited amount of food is be a drawback.

Again these are just my preps, not the household preps. The food items I listed are what I have in my room and consume regularly.

Jeanette Isabelle