Originally Posted By: chaosmagnet
You can never have enough tape or OTC meds.

Thank you for the reply. My experience has been you cannot have enough tape or alcohol prep pads. As I mentioned, I will get more alcohol prep pads. I have not experienced this with OTC medication; I plan to get more aspirin.

If you think you'll be treating injuries you can never have enough gauze.

I have a 100 count box of 3" x 3" sterile gauze pads. The box is almost full; I don't know how much I have left.

I am a big fan of vetwrap or cowrap as the outer layer for bandaging.

CoFlex? I have two 2" rolls.

What first aid and other medical training do you have? I've found that as I've trained with more interventions that I start building opinions on which gear works best for me to do what I've been trained to do.

I took a class on CPR and first aid. Aside from the CPR, the course on first aid was not useful. I learned more by studying Wilderness & Travel Medicine by Eric A. Weiss, M.D. and practicing what I studied on myself. As for on the field experience I wrapped a sprained ankle, treated first and second-degree burns on myself and a security guard, wounds, bleeding and someone closing the door on my hand at work. For my hand injury, I already knew what to do: cold compress and anti-inflammatory medication (aspirin).

Jeanette Isabelle