A missile war between North Korea and the US would be short. I do not believe we will launch a preemptive strike (conventional or nuclear) on North Korea simply because the N.Korean artillery response on Seoul would be devestating and very difficult to stop. That and the Chinese will probably be in the game if we strike first. OTOH if Trump stays on the high road and North Korea does something stupid/crazy, then we would be fully justified in responding with overwhelming force and methodically take out every site we have targeted. It would be short.

If Kim goes ahead with his missile launch with the aim of dropping a ballistic missile into the ocean near Guam, my thinking is that a minimum of two and probably all the B-1 bombers deployed to Anderson will be airborne before the missile impacts the water -- if the missile impacts the water. It's very possible we will use that missile as a practice target for THAAD and Aegis sytems in the area.

For us back here in CONUS, Guam may seem like a remote and not all that important target. I've been to Guam many times and trust me, the Navy and Air Force would take a test shot toward Guam very seriously. I doubt they would just let the test go as planned. Then again, I'm not familiar enough with the kinematics of those missiles and the geometry required to engage a ballistic missile with a planned offset to the target. I guess we'll see if and when.

Interesting times.