The N. Koreans have backed themsrlves into a corner. They cannot stand down, they cannot change policy without making Kim Jong-Un look foolish in front of his own people. This is the weakness. Jong-un is more afraid of losing face in ftont of his own people. Therefore, if necessary he will fight a war, even a nuclear one, rather than risking "shame" inside his own country.

Missile wars happen very fast. In a missile war, you cannot afford to be #2. You must hit your enemy first. Both sides know this, and N. Korea has stated it publicly. So the rhetoric from both sides today (Friday) has put the entire Korean Penindula into a hair-trigger situation.

Things here in California are very calm. People dont seem at all concerned, they are going to work, or playing golf, as scheduled. I havent even seen anyone buying extra water or food. I am happy that people are remaining calm. But i cant help feeling that the Internet experience has caused many people to live in a 'virtual reality'. They Tweet about their opinions and concerns, but they do not take practical steps to safeguard themselves.

Pete

Edited by Pete (08/11/17 02:14 PM)