Jeanette,

I think providing basic FAKs is fine. The thing to consider is that the band-aids are going to be used up first. After which the FAK is likely to fall off the planet into some sort of oblivion. I had some "quick kits" made up one time. They included a few band-aids, a few 4x4s, the stick-to-itself tape, gloves, and some triple antibiotic ointment. The were intended to be essentially single-use though they could be replenished. Basically, I had about 5 or 6 of them that I could just grab and toss to a person to use. They came in handy one day when someone tried to contravene the laws of physics. A person successfully disproved that a hand and a hedge clippers can occupy the same physical space at the same temporal moment. I grabbed one of my quick kits, bandaged him up, and some took him to the ER. I later heard from the "scientist" that the ER folks mentioned what a great wrapping/bandaging job it was. Anyway, I think your FAK addiction is fine because it is at least useful. Be generous. Stay prepared. Educate when you can.

My $.02