It's annoying that it's so hard to buy a Busse. I have just one right now, and from what I've ready they're not making any more knives for about a year. When they do they seem to produce very low numbers (the cynic in me thinks it's done to create scarcity to drive up the collector's value). Busse knives are very nice but I'm not sure how much of their legendary durability is due to their metallurgy and how much is due to their being 1/3" thick. Still I do lust after a FFBM!

Honestly I'm not a big Cold Steel fan but I do have twenty of them! blush The Pendleton Lite Hunter and the Kudu are both incredible bargains IMO. If you're patient you can get a Kudu from Amazon for $5 or less with free shipping! You can't get a functional knife worth having for much less, and that's half the price of the cheapest Mora.

My biggest complaint about the SRK is the sharpened clip point. It's great for stabbing, and I suppose digging, but it's lousy for batoning. Batoning is a contentious topic I realize; some folks love it and some think it's outright abuse. Me, I am a big proponent of it and won't own a knife that big that isn't good for splitting wood. The sharpened clip point really chews up batons and breaks them quickly. I would rather have a RAT7 or ESEE5/6 myself.

Lately I have been primarily using a JK Handmade knife for that. I will confess I'm not even sure what the name/model is as it belonged to my dad and passed to me after his death. It's kind of a Nesmuk-style blade and works very nicely.